Lonely Planet Route 66 Road Trips
Discover the freedom of the open road with Route 66 Road Trips. We’ve selected three amazing road trips through Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, Arizona and California, from three day escapes to week-long adventures, and packed them full of expert advice and inspirational suggestions.
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet’s Route 66’s Road Trips. Featuring three amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you’ll visit along the way, you can search for roadside attractions or dillydally your way through the desert, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Route 66’s Road Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip
Coverage Includes: Los Angeles, Chicago, St Louis, Kansas, California, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois and more
Curator: Andrew Bender
Writers: Cristian Bonetto, Mark Johanson, Hugh McNaughtan, Christopher Pitts, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Karla Zimmerman
128 pages, 128pp color, 29 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm